WELCOME TO OUR MATHS PAGE
At Condover, we aim to inspire all children to reach their full academic potential. In mathematics this means ensuring a curriculum that is purposeful, contextual and fully inclusive of all children. We strive to:
· Develops children’s knowledge and understanding of Maths through conceptual understanding: immersing the children in concrete, pictorial and abstract themes concurrently.
· Use prior knowledge and discuss their learning in order to be successful.
· Provide pupils with the opportunities and skills to work with independence.
· Give pupils opportunities to apply learnt mathematical skills in different contexts across the curriculum.
· Give pupils opportunities to develop their reasoning skills through context based exercises.
· Prepare pupils so they can apply mathematical skills effectively in everyday life situations, in their future learning and in the work place.
· Ensure all pupils have mathematical building blocks in place and provide a solid foundation to lead onto secondary, further and higher education.